AutoTank V1.1 - Parts list
- Sharp IR sensor - GP2Y0A41SK0F
- 2 x DC motors(came with the tank toy)
- 1 motor driver - SN754410 Quadruple half H driver
- The brain - Arduino UNO R3
- One 9V(PP3) battery to power the Arduino
- 4 x NiMH cells to give 4.8V - for the motor driver power
- An SPDT switch (SPST was enough for this application but I didn't have any!)
- And lots of insulation tape to keep things together - proper engineering
AutoTank on test run
Yes, as I said before this turns in only one direction and there is no bump sensor. IR sensor is a range sensor so it is used to control the speed depending on the distance from the obstacle(not to a great deal) with dead stop distance.
Planned improvements for next version
- Make alternate left and right turn
- Protect the front IR sensor from colliding into things
- Use a bigger range of speed control on straight control
There are a lot of hardware improvements required(software too) but I don't want to try to do too much in one go and I got to wait for the hardware parts anyway(not even ordered yet).